As a writer of picture books, I put myself out there in a way to help children deal with changes in their lives and to better understand their world and relationships. Here are my reasons why I love picture books:
1. Picture books introduce the concept of reading by allowing children to focus on the images and create a story in their minds, even if they can't read yet.
2. Picture books encourage children to be better listeners.
3. The read-aloud experience helps children to interact with the book.
4. The illustrations in the book helps children to connect with how they think through words.
5. Picture books introduce children to art and interact with the characters emotions.
6. Picture books help children to increase their vocabulary.
7. Picture books help children to read and in turn become writers.
8. Picture books encourage the joy of reading.
9. Picture books invite engagement - a connection. They support an adult-child conversation.
10. The pictures help initiate a discussion with children and express their feelings.
Remember, a book is like a friend - they can give you a comforting message that you are never alone.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to my blog page!
Here you will find the latest news and updates on my writing and published books.